/..

Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Growing Hair


It is need about that time. Initially I intended for Vanity to release last summer following our exhibition with Cat Camargo. I'm so glad whatever I had ready wasn't presented to the public. With so many changes that come with the times I think being human I started to fall into trying to deliver at the fastest rates possible to feed the internet and what is now the streaming era. When It's Only Right dropped, streaming wasn't totally a thing, and for the team and I, the street work / grass root route was essential to our success and growth. Throughout this project's process I've grown so much as a person; relearning myself and what music mean to me in this chapter of my life and story. Doing whatever possible to stay true to my craft, not being pressured by what's happening online to release music just to do it. Staying focused on the goals I had in mind when this project's idea initially sparked interest in my mind to deliver. I believe this effort will be a more mature approach than my last effort, and a good take on the ups and downs on being vain as a growing man in our latest century.

The summer has always been our season, by the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment