/..

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Kid Cudi Talks Role In New HBO Series, "It Was Important To Branch Away From Music"

Rap newcomer Kid Cudi recently discussed his role in the forthcoming HBO series "How To Make It In America" and why it was vital for him to place music aside for his role.
Click here to find out more!

Despite his heavy rap buzz from records like "Day 'N' Nite" and association with Kanye West, Cudi said he intentionally wanted to sway from music with the new television project.

"It was important to me early on to branch away from music and actually do something outside my comfort zone. When we were developing my character with the writers, I was telling them, 'Man, I don't want to be anything that has to do with music,' just because that's not really acting." (The Boom Box)

Cudi also hinted at his character's role in the upcoming series.

"I have a lead role," Cudi said in an interview. "My character's name is Domingo Dean. I actually named my character after both of my brothers - Dean, who lives in Phoenix, being one of them, and Domingo. My character's kind of the comic relief. He's really witty - a hopeless romantic but a player at the same time." (AZ Central)

The series will reportedly be led by Hollywood actor Mark Wahlberg.

Rapper Kid Cudi is launching an acting career - the hip-hip star is teaming up with Mark Wahlberg for a new TV show. Cudi has signed up to appear in the series "How To Make It In America," a new comedy which will be produced by Wahlberg and the team behind his hit show "Entourage." Cudi admits he has always wanted to try acting, but insists he will not be giving up his music any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment