/..

Friday, July 24, 2009

The-Dream Calls It Quits, "I'd Rather Kill The-Dream Than Somebody Else Kill Me"

Hitmaker The-Dream has announced his retirement from making albums and explained why his next album will be his last.
Click here to find out more!

The singer also revealed his "final" release's title.

"I'm almost finished with Love King," Dream revealed in an interview. "It's the third album and my final album, actually. I'm not doing an album after that. I've accomplished what I've accomplished. I feel like I'd rather kill The-Dream than somebody else kill me. So that's the big headline there, killing The-Dream...It's over with, so nobody has to worry about 'Has he lost it,' 'When's it gonna drop,' 'Where's it at.' I'm giving you the last record 'cause I said it was the last record before you telling me which one is the last record. I'll just tell you." (The Hip Hop Chronicle)

Despite his claims of the next album being his last, he previously spoke on making a collaboration project alongside Kanye West earlier this year.

"It was first thought of by me," Dream said in an interview. "I was in Miami at the time, and I gave Kanye a call and said, 'The best thing would be for me and you to do an album.' I feel he's at a certain place in hip-hop, I'm at a certain place in R&B, and lyrically, I'm just in a certain place in my lifetime. Let's take the best of both worlds and put it on a CD and try to make something we can sell to the consumers. He says he's with it. We're gonna try to make it happen. I told him, 'Let me lift my profile up a little bit.'...It wouldn't take that long at all, once we got the concept."

No comments:

Post a Comment